The objectives of the Futurity System, created by the Futurity Re-Evaluation Committee, headed by Connie Beckhardt in 1984, are the same today as they were then:
- To bring together each year as many young animals as possible from different bloodline combinations so that the fancy can share and learn by the accomplishments of each other.
- To provide all club members, large breeders or single puppy owners alike, the opportunity to compete year after year under conditions equally favorable to all.
- To provide an incentive to improve Shepherd bloodlines and add to the excellence of the breed as a whole. The Futurities provide the breeder with the opportunity to nominate his/her litter as a statement of faith in his/her breeding program.
- To provide a means of early identification to breeders of the strength and weaknesses of current stud dogs.
- To provide a Judging environment that will promote the highest level of sportsmanship, thereby eliminating direct perceptions of unfairness.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 January 2011 14:17