Annual award to the Sires and dams of German Shepherd Dog progeny who achieve obedience, herding, tracking, agility titles and or Schutzhund degrees. View the current ATAA Title Holders.
The purpose of the Annual Training Achievement Award:
- Incent owners of German Shepherd Dogs to exhibit in Performance Trials and Tests
- Incent breeders to encourage buyers to train and show their dogs
- Encourage exhibitors to show their dogs in both breed and performance events so that there would be more multi-titled German Shepherd Dogs.
- Provide the union of or “bridge the gap” between breed exhibitors and performance competitors to common goals.
- Demonstrate to the public the usefulness of the German Shepherd Dog and that they can compete successfully in all types of competition.
1. In order to qualify, the progeny must have:
- Been awarded a placement ribbon in a breed conformation class at an AKC point show.
- Received a breed survey (Korklasse 1 or 2 (KKl1 or II)).
- Submit a letter written by an AKC judge licensed to judge German Shepherd Dogs, stating the progeny is free from disqualifying faults (spayed or neutered dogs may qualify)
- Submit the breeder/owner form to attest that the progeny has no disqualifying faults along with 2 photos of the progeny, one full body view and one head shot (see New Progeny ATAA Letter Form above).
2. Points for titles will not accumulate for the owners of the sire or the owners of the dam if the owners are not members of the GSDCA or until their application for membership has been received by the GSDCA. POINTS WILL NOT BE AWARDED RETROACTIVELY.
3. Owners of the sires and dams would be required to provide the awards chairperson with the following information:
- Completely filled out ATAA program report form.
- A copy of the certificate or certification (which they must acquire from the progeny’s owners) or a copy of the page in the AKC awards where title is published.
4. All titles earned during regular calendar year will count for the “Annual High Score Award”.
5. Results will be published in the September or October issue of “The German Shepherd Dog Review” with the following information:
- The top ten scoring sires and dams will be listed with the names of their owners and the names of their titled progeny.
- All sires and dams that have accumulated a minimum of 25 points will be listed with the names of their owners.
- After 3 years of inactivity sires and dams will be placed on the inactive list.
- Top 25 all time inactive/active sires and dams
- A plaque (or suitable award) will be presented at the awards ceremony at the national Specialty Show to the owners of the highest scoring sire and the highest scoring dam (i.e. 1996 awards would be presented at the 1997 National.
- Beginning with the 1991 National, a plaque or (suitable award) will be presented at the National Specialty Show to the owners of the sire and dam with the highest accumulation of training achievement points. Beginning in 2012 repeat winners will receive a certificate instead of a plaque. These points will be cumulative from1988.
Report Titles earned from January to December. The deadline for receipt of all entries is June 1st of the following year.
To participate in the program, submit the required forms and documentation to Committee Chair:
Melanie Fuellgraf, GSDCA ATAA
PO Box 185
Prospect, PA 16052
Phone number: 724-712-7627 (cell) or 724-698-7335 (landline)
Alternate Method (in beta - requires Adober Reader XI)
Save to your computer, fill in and email to email address above ATAA Application for new Titles/Degrees
Save to your computer, fill in and email to email address above New Progeny ATAA Letter